Opportunities to serve St. Luke’s
In 2021, the following positions will be open:
- Junior Warden : 1 position. This is a one-year term, and can be renewed. Please contact Don McKellar, our current Junior Warden, he would be delighted to share his knowledge with you. If you think you could be our new Junior warden, know that Don will support you wholeheartedly.
- Vestry – 4 positions (3 three-year terms, and 1 one-year term to replace Steven Dear who is moving back to California.) The Vestry is the governing body of the Parish. According to the Parish By-laws, Vestry members shall be elected from the communicants in good standing and canonically resident in the Parish for at least six months. (To date, we have already 6 persons who expressed their desire to serve as Vestry Members.)
- Delegate to the Diocesan Convention: 5 positions –In 2021, the Diocesan Convention will be Oct. 15-16 in Phoenix and our Presiding Bishop will be among us.
- Alternate to the Diocesan Convention: 3 positions –In case someone cannot attend the Convention
We encourage those of you with questions or who might be interested in any of the positions mentioned above to contact Don McKellar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Fr. Pierre-Henry Buisson (email@example.com), before November 30.
All candidates will provide:
- a text to introduce themselves to the congregation, and share why they want to serve.
- a recent picture